Clarification: Frankie!, or Mr. Frankie! to you, is my iPod. This week was all about taking the time to acquire several of the songs and albums that I have claimed that I “do not have time” to download. I love music, so this week was heaven for me. I encourage anyone who happens to read this to A) not judge me for my musical schizophrenia and B) check out all of these artists, albums, and songs.
Goal: Put at least 100 songs onto Frankie!. At least 75% of the songs cannot be from artists already on my iPod. (The fact that some of these artists were not already on my iPod is quite embarrassing to me.)
Monday: 21 songs; all from a “new” artist
Tuesday: 11 songs; 10 from “new artists”
- I’ve Got the World on a String – Frank Sinatra
- My Funny Valentine – Frank Sinatra
- You Make Me Feel So Young – Frank Sinatra
- I’ve Got You Under my Skin – Frank Sinatra
- Come Fly with Me – Frank Sinatra
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) – Frank Sinatra
- New York, New York – Frank Sinatra
- The Girl From Ipanema – Frank Sinatra
- Shattered – The Rolling Stones (already had artist)
- Sleeping In – The Postal Service
Wednesday: 33 songs; 18 from “new” artists
- Chicago Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- “The Strange Case Of… (Deluxe Edition) – Halestorm – Pre-Order
Thursday: 13 songs; all from a “new” artist
Friday: 18 songs; all from a “new” artist
Saturday & Sunday: No music – spent the days relaxing with family and friends for the Easter holiday.
Monday: 8 songs; all from “new” artists
- Eyeball Records Sampler – Free disc within case for “I Brought You My Bullets” by My Chemical Romance
- “Closer” – Nine Inch Nails
Total: 104 songs added to iPod; 84 songs from previously unacquired artists = 84.6% of acquired music from “new” artists
A. This challenge was a total success. Even though I had to roll it over into Monday, I exceeded my goal. Plus, it works towards my “Bucket List” goal of acquiring 120GB of music (my iPod’s capacity).
B. This is probably my favorite challenge so far, simply because it was the most fun.
C. I have much more time available for music than I let myself believe. The lesson I learned is that every now and then I need to remember to make time for the little things. This week, I have been happier and more inspired than I have been in months, and I directly attribute that to the way in which this week’s challenge surrounded me with music and art and creative vocations that I love and admire. Therefore…
Week Five Challenge: Art Every Day